- Purchase a secure SSL certificate and have it uploaded to your hosting server. (This is more important for eCommerce)
- Have your updates run (at a minimum) monthly.
- Make sure users have secure passwords.
- Have back ups done weekly so you can quickly fix a problem.
- Prevent directory browsing. This is done on your server.
- Use secure login URLs.
- Prevent multiple password attempts.
Some of this may sound easier said than done. However, after the issues that the US Dept of Justice, Snapchat, Wendy’s and other companies experienced in 2016; I would say it is safe to look into a stronger online security presence in 2017.
How can we help?
- Hosted Services – use us to both secure and host your website.
- We can run your website updates to ensure they are up to date.
- We can back up your website files based on your schedule.
- and we can do so much more to help protect you and your customers!
Contact us today for more information or to learn more about a data protection plan that we can put together for you to ensure a more secure 2017.