Password Protocol is a term we use for having a plan in place to ensure that your system is not hacked. Passwords are one of the main ways that systems become compromised. Hackers have many ways to obtain someones password but there are ways to protect your system.
Here are some tips for creating a password protocol:
- Have employees change the password monthly.
- Passwords should be both alpha and numeric.
- Passwords should contain special characters.
- Put a limit to password attempts.
- Tell employees to never give out passwords.
- Use secure connections for passwords.
If you have questions about this or setting up other network security, make sure to contact us today! We would be happy to sit down with you to discuss more.
Click here to check out our latest newsletter!