By now you have heard all about the recent hack on Equifax. You may have even been affected by it. The crazy thing about this is that it will haunt consumers for years to come. Now consumers are losing their minds because as they are trying to take advantage of the TrustedID free credit monitoring from Equifax and are hitting a wall. Once you finish putting all of your information into the website, it will tell you that you will receive an email from them to finish enrollment. You can wait by your computer like a lovesick puppy waiting for your girlfriend to email you back, but alas, you will not see an email.
In more recent articles that have come out, they have pointed out that Equifax is completely overwhelmed and behind on processing. If you are absolutely dying for a way to maybe get some type of feedback here is two options:
- Call their dedicated helpline – 866-447-7559
- Add their “no-reply” to your safe list to make sure they do not get spammed. email@example.com
We wish we could give you more help with this. Otherwise, one thing we want to point out is that this shows that you need to have a strong network with proper security to ensure that you and your customer’s information is safe.
Reasons to Implement VOIP:
- Stay Connected – with VOIP your employees can be connected anywhere there is WiFi. If you have employees that travel for work then you know that cell phones are unreliable and they are limited with options. Using VOIP, they can get a clear connection every time, check their voicemails, and more right from their computer.
- Save Money – VOIP is a less expensive option for phone service. Also, VOIP is so simple to use that you will lower your overall management costs by making changes yourself.
- VOIP is the future – this technology is not going anywhere. If anything, it will continue to get better and grow. By getting into it now, you will be on the front lines and be able to be more prepared for the future technology that will come.
- Press 1 For Easier Changes – need a call routing system? With VOIP you can make changes by just logging in. No longer need to use a third party company to manage this.
There are many other reasons why switching makes sense. Have more questions or want to implement this into your business? Contact us at Source1 to see just how simple it can be and get up and running quickly. We can help you find the best options and hardware to get started today.
How to do this:
- Go to your Outlook settings.
- Click the mail settings.
- Under Automatic Processing, click “Undo Send.”
- Select the option for “Let me cancel messages I’ve sent for:” and in the drop-down select the time frame.
Voila, you now have the ability to stop an unwanted email from being sent. If you were wondering, most of the other email solutions have the same option. Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN all have this feature as well and it is just as simple to set up. Contact us today if you need any help!
Microsoft 365 Scam!!!
Here is what it looks like:
Validate Your Email
Dear (your name)
Your Office Premium E-mail has exceeded its mail-quota limit, and due for verification.
In order to continue using your mailbox, you are advised to verify your email within 24hrs. Otherwise, you will be unable to receive and send message from (insert your email).
Click Here To Validate
Make sure you DO NOT click to validate. If you are worried and would like us to review your system to ensure that there are no issues, then please contact us today. Also, ask about our virus and spyware software.
- Go through your network and clear out any old or useless data and files. A common call we get is that there is no more room on the shared network. Come up with a protocol for what should be on employee local drive and what should be shared to help control space issues.
- Wiring: do you have an office or conference room that has exposed wiring from a sloppy install? Having us out to take a look and re-run the wires could help not only organize but give a more finished look to your conference room!
- Cables: making sure that cables are organized in your server room can both give a nice clean look AND bring down billable time for server maintenance.
- New Spyware: having new spyware added to your computers could clean up a lot of viruses on your network and prevent future attacks.
- Back up your files and empty the trash: backing up your computer files will really protect you down the line. As far as your trash goes… don’t look, just empty. Otherwise you will get stuck in there.
Need help with any of this? Contact us today and we will be happy to come out for a consultation.
Here are some tips to ensure that your remote employees can keep up the productivity:
- Have all hardware set up and tested by SourceONE before it goes to your employee If the computer is not set up before it goes to your remote employee, it could take several days of remote logging in to fix the problem.
- Ensure that networks and shared drives are accessible. They will need to be connected to all company information to stay productive throughout their daily work.
- Connect all of their devices using the cloud or app based software. Especially in the case of a mobile sales staff, we can help you implement CRMs and other internet/cloud based software so they can be connected and you can track their work.
- Make sure to have antivirus software connected. Just because they are not in the office, does not mean that your information is secure. If their computer is connected to your network and more, hackers can still access your private information.
- Ensure that they have good internet access. If you are helping to pay for their home internet, make sure they are getting high speed.
- Have SourceONE set up and connect Microsoft Office 365 or other software. Microsoft Office 365 is a great way of connecting your office even when your employees are remote.
- Purchase a secure SSL certificate and have it uploaded to your hosting server. (This is more important for eCommerce)
- Have your updates run (at a minimum) monthly.
- Make sure users have secure passwords.
- Have back ups done weekly so you can quickly fix a problem.
- Prevent directory browsing. This is done on your server.
- Use secure login URLs.
- Prevent multiple password attempts.
Some of this may sound easier said than done. However, after the issues that the US Dept of Justice, Snapchat, Wendy’s and other companies experienced in 2016; I would say it is safe to look into a stronger online security presence in 2017.
How can we help?
- Hosted Services – use us to both secure and host your website.
- We can run your website updates to ensure they are up to date.
- We can back up your website files based on your schedule.
- and we can do so much more to help protect you and your customers!
Contact us today for more information or to learn more about a data protection plan that we can put together for you to ensure a more secure 2017.