- Go through your network and clear out any old or useless data and files. A common call we get is that there is no more room on the shared network. Come up with a protocol for what should be on employee local drive and what should be shared to help control space issues.
- Wiring: do you have an office or conference room that has exposed wiring from a sloppy install? Having us out to take a look and re-run the wires could help not only organize but give a more finished look to your conference room!
- Cables: making sure that cables are organized in your server room can both give a nice clean look AND bring down billable time for server maintenance.
- New Spyware: having new spyware added to your computers could clean up a lot of viruses on your network and prevent future attacks.
- Back up your files and empty the trash: backing up your computer files will really protect you down the line. As far as your trash goes… don’t look, just empty. Otherwise you will get stuck in there.
Need help with any of this? Contact us today and we will be happy to come out for a consultation.
Here are some tips to ensure that your remote employees can keep up the productivity:
- Have all hardware set up and tested by SourceONE before it goes to your employee If the computer is not set up before it goes to your remote employee, it could take several days of remote logging in to fix the problem.
- Ensure that networks and shared drives are accessible. They will need to be connected to all company information to stay productive throughout their daily work.
- Connect all of their devices using the cloud or app based software. Especially in the case of a mobile sales staff, we can help you implement CRMs and other internet/cloud based software so they can be connected and you can track their work.
- Make sure to have antivirus software connected. Just because they are not in the office, does not mean that your information is secure. If their computer is connected to your network and more, hackers can still access your private information.
- Ensure that they have good internet access. If you are helping to pay for their home internet, make sure they are getting high speed.
- Have SourceONE set up and connect Microsoft Office 365 or other software. Microsoft Office 365 is a great way of connecting your office even when your employees are remote.
- Purchase a secure SSL certificate and have it uploaded to your hosting server. (This is more important for eCommerce)
- Have your updates run (at a minimum) monthly.
- Make sure users have secure passwords.
- Have back ups done weekly so you can quickly fix a problem.
- Prevent directory browsing. This is done on your server.
- Use secure login URLs.
- Prevent multiple password attempts.
Some of this may sound easier said than done. However, after the issues that the US Dept of Justice, Snapchat, Wendy’s and other companies experienced in 2016; I would say it is safe to look into a stronger online security presence in 2017.
How can we help?
- Hosted Services – use us to both secure and host your website.
- We can run your website updates to ensure they are up to date.
- We can back up your website files based on your schedule.
- and we can do so much more to help protect you and your customers!
Contact us today for more information or to learn more about a data protection plan that we can put together for you to ensure a more secure 2017.
YouTube has really begun to evolve and take over as the second most used search engine online. With the ever growing phenomenon of Netflix and chill and binge watching of shows, people are starting to prefer to watch their information over reading it.
So how then, how should you implement video into your email marketing?
Here are some tips to remember:
Obviously this is not the most exhaustive list, but should give you some information to start your brainstorming sessions with. Check out some of these great videos and publications below for some more stats and information!
Here are some tips for creating a password protocol:
- Have employees change the password monthly.
- Passwords should be both alpha and numeric.
- Passwords should contain special characters.
- Put a limit to password attempts.
- Tell employees to never give out passwords.
- Use secure connections for passwords.
If you have questions about this or setting up other network security, make sure to contact us today! We would be happy to sit down with you to discuss more.
Click here to check out our latest newsletter!
It is with extreme pleasure that I recommend Source One for all of your outsourced IT needs. The Protocall Group has worked with Source One for over 15 years.
During the course of our business relationship, The Protocall Group has experienced many changes in our technology needs. Source One has always provided a proactive partnership. We count on their extremely competent staff to provide 24 hour support and they have never failed us.
Source One is a true business partner and I consider their company a welcome extension of our business. Their employees feel like a part of our organization. They understand our needs and provide support and education in all areas of technology.
We look forward to many years of continued collaboration.
“Thank you for the IT work that you did for our firm during my tenure as Office Administrator. I appreciated not just your expertise in the field but your ability to quickly respond to my calls for help. Businesses today cannot survive without technology. I always had total confidence that you and Source One could keep us up and running and on top of the latest software that could keep the firm up to date in our field. I have often recommended Source One to other administrators and will continue to do so in the future.”
Kulzer & DiPadova, P.A.
“We are writing to you to express our thanks. From the work you are doing to your response time, you have seamlessly incorporated yourself into our business. Response time is very important to us and it is refreshing to work with a company that has a similar mindset.
Thank you for all of the work that you do for us. You consistently meet all of our IT needs and take care of any issues that may arise. I would also like to thank you for your professional demeanor whenever we are in contact.
All in all we high recommend Source One to other companies for IT consulting. You are a breath of fresh air and your transparancy helps us to trust you. We look forward to our continued partnership.”
Janet Eisiminger – Regional Nephrology Associates
“We have been working with Rich and his team at Source One for over 7 years. I can’t tell you how pleased we are with their service and responsiveness. Source One works with all aspects of our business from daily system monitoring and maintenance to the design of our new website. They are professional, easy to work with and highly knowledgeable. Terrific service and a great staff !”