How to do this:
- Go to your Outlook settings.
- Click the mail settings.
- Under Automatic Processing, click “Undo Send.”
- Select the option for “Let me cancel messages I’ve sent for:” and in the drop-down select the time frame.
Voila, you now have the ability to stop an unwanted email from being sent. If you were wondering, most of the other email solutions have the same option. Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN all have this feature as well and it is just as simple to set up. Contact us today if you need any help!
Microsoft 365 Scam!!!
Here is what it looks like:
Validate Your Email
Dear (your name)
Your Office Premium E-mail has exceeded its mail-quota limit, and due for verification.
In order to continue using your mailbox, you are advised to verify your email within 24hrs. Otherwise, you will be unable to receive and send message from (insert your email).
Click Here To Validate
Make sure you DO NOT click to validate. If you are worried and would like us to review your system to ensure that there are no issues, then please contact us today. Also, ask about our virus and spyware software.
- Go through your network and clear out any old or useless data and files. A common call we get is that there is no more room on the shared network. Come up with a protocol for what should be on employee local drive and what should be shared to help control space issues.
- Wiring: do you have an office or conference room that has exposed wiring from a sloppy install? Having us out to take a look and re-run the wires could help not only organize but give a more finished look to your conference room!
- Cables: making sure that cables are organized in your server room can both give a nice clean look AND bring down billable time for server maintenance.
- New Spyware: having new spyware added to your computers could clean up a lot of viruses on your network and prevent future attacks.
- Back up your files and empty the trash: backing up your computer files will really protect you down the line. As far as your trash goes… don’t look, just empty. Otherwise you will get stuck in there.
Need help with any of this? Contact us today and we will be happy to come out for a consultation.
Here are some tips to ensure that your remote employees can keep up the productivity:
- Have all hardware set up and tested by SourceONE before it goes to your employee If the computer is not set up before it goes to your remote employee, it could take several days of remote logging in to fix the problem.
- Ensure that networks and shared drives are accessible. They will need to be connected to all company information to stay productive throughout their daily work.
- Connect all of their devices using the cloud or app based software. Especially in the case of a mobile sales staff, we can help you implement CRMs and other internet/cloud based software so they can be connected and you can track their work.
- Make sure to have antivirus software connected. Just because they are not in the office, does not mean that your information is secure. If their computer is connected to your network and more, hackers can still access your private information.
- Ensure that they have good internet access. If you are helping to pay for their home internet, make sure they are getting high speed.
- Have SourceONE set up and connect Microsoft Office 365 or other software. Microsoft Office 365 is a great way of connecting your office even when your employees are remote.
- Purchase a secure SSL certificate and have it uploaded to your hosting server. (This is more important for eCommerce)
- Have your updates run (at a minimum) monthly.
- Make sure users have secure passwords.
- Have back ups done weekly so you can quickly fix a problem.
- Prevent directory browsing. This is done on your server.
- Use secure login URLs.
- Prevent multiple password attempts.
Some of this may sound easier said than done. However, after the issues that the US Dept of Justice, Snapchat, Wendy’s and other companies experienced in 2016; I would say it is safe to look into a stronger online security presence in 2017.
How can we help?
- Hosted Services – use us to both secure and host your website.
- We can run your website updates to ensure they are up to date.
- We can back up your website files based on your schedule.
- and we can do so much more to help protect you and your customers!
Contact us today for more information or to learn more about a data protection plan that we can put together for you to ensure a more secure 2017.
YouTube has really begun to evolve and take over as the second most used search engine online. With the ever growing phenomenon of Netflix and chill and binge watching of shows, people are starting to prefer to watch their information over reading it.
So how then, how should you implement video into your email marketing?
Here are some tips to remember:
Obviously this is not the most exhaustive list, but should give you some information to start your brainstorming sessions with. Check out some of these great videos and publications below for some more stats and information!
Here are some tips for creating a password protocol:
- Have employees change the password monthly.
- Passwords should be both alpha and numeric.
- Passwords should contain special characters.
- Put a limit to password attempts.
- Tell employees to never give out passwords.
- Use secure connections for passwords.
If you have questions about this or setting up other network security, make sure to contact us today! We would be happy to sit down with you to discuss more.
Click here to check out our latest newsletter!
It is with extreme pleasure that I recommend Source One for all of your outsourced IT needs. The Protocall Group has worked with Source One for over 15 years.
During the course of our business relationship, The Protocall Group has experienced many changes in our technology needs. Source One has always provided a proactive partnership. We count on their extremely competent staff to provide 24 hour support and they have never failed us.
Source One is a true business partner and I consider their company a welcome extension of our business. Their employees feel like a part of our organization. They understand our needs and provide support and education in all areas of technology.
We look forward to many years of continued collaboration.